When you buy a new bike, you get a bike warranty by the dealer. A bike warranty allows you to replace the spare parts and accessories for free if they deteriorate or get damaged before the warranty period. Don’t confuse it with bike insurance that covers the cost of damages after an accident. The basic differences between bike warranty and two-wheeler insurance are listed below:
- The bike warranty remains valid for a particular period after buying the bike. On the other hand, a bike insurance policy offers coverage as much as you need it provided that you renew the insurance regularly.
- A bike warranty is usually offered for free by the bike dealer. You can extend the bike warranty by paying extra but the benefits might differ from the original warranty. To prevent the two-wheeler insurance period from expiring, you need to renew it every year. You can also get a longer tenure for your two-wheeler insurance plan to avoid frequent insurance renewals.
- Bike warranty provides coverage for the breakdown of mechanical accessories and parts such as cludge, engine, break, etc. It also covers electrical parts and safety units that are installed in your bike. A comprehensive bike insurance policy provides coverage for the mechanical, electrical, or other parts of your two-wheeler that are damaged after an accident. Moreover, it also provides coverage for third-party damages after an accident.
- If you opt for minimum third-party coverage, you will not be able to get coverage for the damaged parts of your bike. Damages incurred due to natural or artificial disasters are covered by a comprehensive two-wheeler insurance plan whereas a bike warranty does not cover these things.
- A personal accident cover is included in a comprehensive two-wheeler cover which you won’t get with a bike warranty.
- A two-wheeler insurance policy does not cover the bike parts that do not function whereas a bike warranty covers expenses related to the faulty parts.
- Getting add-on cover with a bike insurance plan is possible whereas no such additional customizations are available with a bike warranty.
- A bike insurance policy offers coverage for the total loss caused due to an accident or bike theft. A bike warranty does not cover the total loss of the bike.
Both bike warranty and bike insurance are essential for minimizing your losses. However, a two-wheeler insurance policy will help you save more in the long run by covering various types of damages and incidents. Therefore, it becomes necessary to evaluate the features of bike insurance before purchasing it. Bajaj Allianz two-wheeler insurance has gained recognition as a top two-wheeler insurance company due to the following reasons:
The two-wheeler insurance offered by Bajaj Allianz allows you to get complete coverage for your bike. It comprises cover for natural disasters and also includes a liability cover.
Man-made disasters like strikes, riots, thefts, and damages caused during transit through the lift, rail, road, etc. are covered by their insurance plans.
A discount of 20% to 50% on the policy premium is applicable if you do not make any claims during the policy tenure. You will be able to maintain the NCB even when you sell or buy a new bike.
With Bajaj Allianz bike insurance, you can get add-on covers like zero depreciation cover, helmet cover, engine protection cover, and other add-on covers as per your requirements. These additional covers will help you to minimize the out-of-pocket expenses if your bike is damaged due to an accident or any one of the aforementioned reasons.
You can also expect a smooth application and online transfer of bike insurance policy if you want to get your two-wheeler insurance transferred to a Bajaj Allianz two-wheeler insurance policy.