One question whose answer every student had to find out once he or she has given their NEET exam is from which college/University should they pursue their MBBS course. The main aim is to get admission into any prime medical institution. The percentage of getting into these prestigious colleges is very slim for most of the students.
The rest which goes for private institutes is the matter of high donation requirement by these colleges for admission. It is not worthy for any student as the guarantee of quality education is not there.
In such cases, one can go for an international university where there is a guarantee of a quality education system along with a low fee structure of the MBBS course.
It may sound ironic but yes it is true the fee structure can be less than any private Indian MBBS university like if you study MBBS in China, many universities offer low fee structure for students as most the university there are government-funded and their prime aim is to produce highly-educated doctors. Therefore the fee system is less compared to Indian colleges.
After the completion of the course from the foreign university, the students need to give MCI screening test in order to practice medicine in India which includes a 1-year internship in India.
Advantages of Studying Abroad
The cost of doing MBBS abroad is very affordable and sometimes is less as compared to any private university of India providing MBBS. The cost is around 15 to 25 lacs depending upon the university and it may go further if you are applying for western countries.
No donations are required for MCI approved universities. NEET exam qualification is required for getting a seat in the top universities of MBBS.
The better education system and accommodation for students
World-class infrastructure with all the latest technology in the medical field.
If you are going to another country’s university it is not necessary to learn the native language because there are MCI approved universities that offer only English taught programs.
Best Universities abroad for pursuing MBBS
- University of Vienna (Austria)
- The University of Traditional Medicine ( Armenia)
- University of Chittagong (Bangladesh)
- Jilin University (China)
- Higher Medical Institute (Bulgaria)
- University of Medicine and Pharmacy (Romania)
- Amur State Medical University (Russia)
- Fudan University (China)
- University of California (United States)
Factors you should look while choosing a university abroad
Always keep in mind it is you who have to go abroad and study so don’t blindly follow anyone’s advice and go assess these factors yourself:
- Fee structure of the university
- English medium taught programs they are having or not
- Basic amenities provided to the students
- Education standards of the university
- Infrastructure and hostel service
- There are many countries like China, Philippines, Ukraine, and Russia that offer the best education system and faculties with a low fee structure.
The admission criteria for the students is not that complex and doesn’t require any documentation process to go through. Simple Eligibility criteria for the admission are as follows:
- Medical aspirants have to clear National Entrance Examination Test (NEET) in order to qualify for the abroad universities
- A minimum of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology with English as the 4th main subject for General students and for reserved categories 40% is the minimum criteria in the 12th standard.