Cancer is one of the common conditions which gets further divided into different types. In this article, we are going to discuss liver cancer. If you are diagnosed with liver cancer then you need to visit the best Liver Hospital in Punjab to get yourself the right treatment plan and live a quality life. In case, your condition does not seem to get managed with ease, then you need to schedule your initial consultation with the best Gastro doctor in Ludhiana.
Liver Cancer: Common Cancer type
Liver cancer is termed carcinoma which means cancer begins from the tissue lining. It is primary or metastatic. Liver cancer is divided into different stages and depending on that the doctor will give you the treatment. Understand that, early diagnosis and medical treatment is the best choice when it comes to cancer. So, don’t let liver cancer affect your liver functionality.
What are the risk factors of liver cancer?
Here are some of the common risk factors like excessive alcohol intake, liver scarring, hemochromatosis, hepatitis B, or C.
What are the symptoms of liver cancer?
If the liver cancer is in the early stage, then there are no visible symptoms. Although, when the symptoms occur, these are:
- Unintentional weight loss
- Upper abdomen pain
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea & vomiting
- Abdominal swelling
- General weakness & fatigue
- Chalky, white stools
- Skin & white part of the eyes get yellow
How is liver cancer diagnosed?
To diagnose liver cancer, the doctor will do different tests which are:
- Biopsy: To take out the sample of liver tissue for testing
- Blood tests: Through this test, it will be checked if the liver is properly functioning or not
- Imaging tests: Ultrasound, computerized tomography (CT), and Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
When the testing is done, it helps to better analyze the condition and at what stage the cancer is so that your treatment plan is made correctly.
What is the treatment for liver cancer?
Well! The doctor will determine your treatment plan by checking at what stage the cancer is. Apart from that the factors like age, overall health, personal preference (as some patients wish to not get chemo sessions and simply get palliative care & support). Some of the best treatment options are:
- Localized treatment freezes or heat the tumor
- Liver transplant surgery in which the liver of a healthy donor is transplanted. Although, the chances of this option is only for small patients
- Tumor removal surgery by taking out the tissue tumor which is present around the liver.
- Radiation therapy
Consult the best liver doctor
Your doctor will suggest the appropriate treatment plan, by taking into account all the possible factors. In case you are diagnosed with liver cancer, then take immediate steps to get yourself the customized treatment as per your current state. As per the test results, the doctor will let you know all sorts of treatment options you have to live a quality & healthy life.