Showing your concern for others on special occasions like birthdays, holidays, or even if they’ve just experienced the loss of someone close to them is a nice gesture. And your communication shouldn’t be held up by the mail service. Electronic greeting cards have a lot of utility in situations like these since they can be sent instantly. The fastest and easiest method to send a personal message.
How large should your e-Card be?
Because eCards and email in general – are read on a broad range of devices, it is best to keep the size of your card as minimal as possible. We suggest that your e-Card picture be no wider than 600 pixels wide and no taller than 600 pixels tall. These dimensions guarantee that your e-Cards look well on all devices. This is due to:
- Email displays are very small. While it is possible to extend an email on a desktop computer to make it larger, most email is read in a relatively narrow window. This is particularly true for individuals who read emails on their phones.
- If a picture is too large, those reading their email remotely, through a cell phone connection or a sluggish Wi-Fi network, may experience difficulties downloading it. This applies to both the picture size in pixels and the file size in bytes or KB.
- Apart from making sure that the height and width of your picture are appropriate. You should employ image compression to be sure. That the file size be as small as possible without losing too much image quality. We recommend using image compression (JPG ‘quality’) with a 600×450 px picture to try to keep the file size under 75KB.
- Another option is to design your virtual cards through a company eCard maker with graphics at a higher quality and then scale your picture to the final size when saving your card file. If you are scaling down, be careful to preview the lower size often to ensure that your content is not reduced to an illegible size.
Making an e-Card is as simple as following these steps.
Determine the look and feel of your e-Card
Browse through our enormous collection of free eCards to find the perfect one for the occasion. Personalize it with the information relevant to your event.
Personalize your greeting e-card with pictures by uploading them
Your phone, social network, and PC pictures are all easily accessible. If you want to view them, go to the editor’s “Add More Photos” button, which also includes a photo.
Customize the e-Card with your message and photo
Text, music, typefaces, backgrounds, and more may all be used to customize your eCard. Choose a song from your computer’s music collection, or use one from ours.
Transmit an eCard to a selected recipient
You may check the appearance of your card by clicking “Preview”. Then you may send it to the person you choose through email, SMS, Facebook, or Twitter after you’re satisfied with it.
Sending an eCard
The easiest way to send a photo you created as an e-card is to insert or import it directly into a new email. Where it will appear in the body of the email when someone opens it. However, just embedding the picture will not make the biggest impact. And – even worse – how your e-cards are sent and treated. This can have harmful effects. If you’re sending e-cards via normal email, here are some additional steps to increase delivery and viewing rates.
Text may be added to the body of your e-Card.
Your final email must include text above or below the picture, otherwise, your eCard may be banned by spam filters. Email that just includes photos is often blocked by corporate firewalls or filtered into recipients’ ‘junk’ folders. Consider adding a greeting at the top of the card, such as “Dear Sally.” We suggest that you add a note.
Use a ‘powerful’ subject line
If you don’t include a subject line, your e-Card will almost certainly end up in someone’s spam box. If you use a subject line that sounds spammy,’ you will either be banned or disregarded by the receiver.
Email Capabilities and Best Practices
Using normal email as your distribution method has various disadvantages depending on the kind of card you’re sending – a birthday card, online anniversary card, party invitation, etc. Two kinds of e-Cards are sent:
- Cards delivered to people for special events — for example, sending a company eCard to someone on their birthday, or sending a thank-you message after getting a present, or entering into a sales contract.
- Cards that are sent to a large number of people at once, such as sending end-of-year holiday company eCard maker to all of your friends, coworkers, or clients, emailing an event invitation or saving the date’ notice, or sending a large group of contacts a special announcement, such as a moving notice, business announcement, or other hot info that you want everyone to know.
While many free and paid company ecard makers provide business card creation. Many individuals choose to generate and send their e-cards. The size of your photo, as well as how you write and send your e-card. This can have a direct impact on whether your e-cards reach their intended recipients or not. And it will guarantee that they can see the card easily and as you wanted.